Copyright 2012: Grace Covenant Baptist Academy. Baptist Churches Knoxville. All rights reserved.Â
9956 Dutchtown Road Knoxville, TN 37923
The mission of Grace Covenant Baptist Academy is to partner with families in providing a superior Christian education, consistent with Biblical principles, within a secure, loving environment, recognizing God as the source of all life and truth, and leading students to discover their individual gifts for spiritual, social, emotional and intellectual development, thereby equipping students for the pursuit of excellence and integrity under the Lordship of Christ.
The educational objectives of Grace Covenant Baptist Academy are threefold:
- Integrity. Grace Covenant Baptist Academy seeks to lead students to a lifestyle of integrity. No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor, said Andrew Carnegie. LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the LORD, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken? (Psalm 15). Moral integrity is at the heart of Grace Covenant Baptist Academy's operational practices, which will be consistently modeled by the administrative, instructional and support staff.
- Instruction. Every aspect of Christian education should become an extension of Biblical principles. These principles should then work for one common goal: to teach and train students.
- To teach is to present knowledge. However, for learning to be successful, it must be biblically based. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" (Proverbs 1:7). Without knowledge of God and His Word, all other education is for naught. It is clear that the Grace Covenant Baptist Academy curriculum is Christian education.
- To train implies, not only the presenting of knowledge, but the practicing of knowledge. "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6). Someone once said, "Train up a child in the way he should go, follow it yourself, and he will follow you." The staff of Grace Covenant Baptist Academy understands that Christian training must include a demonstration of faith. Therefore, each staff member becomes a role model for Christian living.
- Integration. The Christian mind should be the best mind, enlightened by the mind of Christ and having integrated God's principles with academic pursuits. The aim is to develop academically prepared students who hold to a biblical worldview - a view that personally incorporates every aspect of God's blueprint. To be fully grasped, students must be diligently taught. 4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates (Deuteronomy 6:4-9).
The following purposes seek to achieve the institution's mission:
- To create an environment that fosters understanding, appreciation and a love for God's word.
- To create a campus community that supports students and faculty in the acquisition of knowledge.
- To create excellent programs of study that challenge students and provide practical experience.
- To create an understanding among faculty and students of the need for lifelong learning.
- To create opportunities for spiritual growth and service to God.
9956 Dutchtown Road, Knoxville, TN 37923